Hosted by TVCC's
Ranch Competitor's Team
The Main focus of TVCC's ranch roping series is to:
1) Create a sport promoting the different areas needed to be successful ranch roping.
2) Set a solid foundation in young kids and horses getting ready to enter the rodeo arena.
3) Provide a fun atmosphere where parents and kids can play together at any age or skill level.
4) Help kids develop skills in the equine and ranching industry that could lead to a part time or full time business.
5) Offer an educational series with college credits available
- ANS 144 Ranch Roping Syllabus (Nov 6th - Nov 10th)
- For more info click here: Dual Credit
Ranch Roping Scoring Will Be Based On Three Factors:
1) Who a rancher would want to hire to train his horses, brand his calves and doctor sick cows outside.
2) Which horse would sell for the most money at a ranch horse sale.
3) Which horse would a team roper want to buy.
TVCC will host a total of 3 ranch ropings throughout the year. During TVCC's ranch ropings there will be 10 different divisions and 10 different classes. Prizes will be awarded at the finals May 25th-27th for the high point competitors in each division. Competitors in each division can compete in as many classes as they like and the total points will go to year end prizes. Adults who choose to enter foundation building classes (Ground Work - Phase 2), the money from these classes will go for year end prizes for the kids divisions.
Ranch Roping Classes:
1) Ground Work - Rope dummy sitting on sawhorse, ride horse through obstacle course & rope, rope calves on foot.
2) Phase 1 - Rope dummy on horse, work cow on horse, rope cow w/ breakaway hondue on foot
3) Phase 2 - Rope dummy on horse back, work cow on horse back, rope cow w/ breakaway hondue on horse
4) Phase 3- Rope w/ exp. roper, herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear
5) Phase 4 - Judged Jack Pot Team Branding
- Herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear
6) Phase 4 - Judged Jack Pot Team Doctoring
- Simulated Pasture Doctoring, two calves in pen, each person heads and heels, fix ropes
AQHA Judged Rope Horse Classes
7) Team roping heading- Heading Score Sheets
8) Team Roping Heeling- Healing Score Sheets
9) Calf Roping- Calf Roping
Ground Work through Phase 2 - $10 (Focused on developing correct muscle memory in horses and ropers)
Phase 3 (Team Branding) - $25 (Inexperienced roper roping with experienced roper, just inexperienced roper pays)
Phase 4 (Team Branding, Combined Score of Header and Heeler)
- $25 Open Jack Pot, ($50 per team)
Phase 4 (Pasture Doctoring)
- $25 Open Jack Pot ($50 per team)
Rope Horse Classes (Out of the box) $25
- Team Roping (heading and heeling), Break Away, Calf Roping
Schedule of Events
Schedule for 2/15/18 - Practice and Jackpot
8:00 - 9:00 Cowboy Christian Fellowship
9:00 - 10:00 Sign Up, Warm Up and Mini Clinic with College Kids
Warm Up and Beginner Competitions (Focused on setting correct muscle memory in inexperienced horses and ropers)
10:00 - 12:00 Ground Work and Phase 1 (All ages and Divisions)
12:00 - 1:00 Phase 2 (All Ages and Division)
Ranch Roping Competitions (Live Roping)
1:00 - 3:00 Phase 3 (All Ages and Divisions)
3:00 - 5:00 Phase 4 (All Ages and Divisions)