The Main focus of TVCC's ranch roping series is to:
1) Create a sport promoting the different areas needed to be successful ranch roping.
2) Set a solid foundation in young kids and horses getting ready to enter the rodeo arena.
3) Provide a fun atmosphere where parents and kids can play together at any age or skill level.
4) Help kids develop skills in the equine and ranching industry that could lead to a part time or full time business.
5) Offer an educational series with college credits available
- ANS 144 Ranch Roping Syllabus (Nov 6th - Nov 10th)
- For more info click here: Dual Credit
The goal of TVCC's Judged Rope Horse Series is to help young horses and kids advance in skill and ability. TVCC will host a total of 3 Rope Horse Shows throughout the year. At the first event in the fall we will focus on just ranch roping classes, during the winter we will have a ranch roping and ASHA working cow horse classes and the final show in the spring we will have ranch roping, ASHA working cow horse classes and AQHA judged rope horse classes. During TVCC's ranch ropings there will be 10 different divisions and 10 different classes. Prizes will be awarded for kids divisions at the finals May 25th-27th for the high point competitors in each division. Competitors in each division can compete in as many classes as they like and the total points will go to year end prizes. Adults who choose to enter foundation building classes (Ground Work - Phase 2), the money from these classes will go for year end prizes for the kids divisions.
Ranch Roping Classes:
1) Ground Work - Rope dummy sitting on sawhorse, ride horse through obstacle course & rope, rope calves on foot.
2) Phase 1 - Rope dummy on horse, work cow on foot, rope cow w/ breakaway hondue on foot
3) Phase 2 - Rope dummy on horse back, work cow on horse back, rope cow w/ breakaway hondue on horse
4) Phase 3- Rope w/ exp. roper, herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear
5) Phase 4 - Judged Jack Pot Team Branding
- Herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear
6) Phase 4 - Judged Jack Pot Team Doctoring
- Simulated Pasture Doctoring, two calves in pen, each person heads and heels, fix ropes
Ground Work through Phase 2 -
- $10 (Focused on developing correct muscle memory in horses and ropers)
Phase 3 (Team Branding)
- $25 (Inexperienced roper roping with experienced roper, just inexperienced roper pays)
Phase 4 (Team Branding, Combined Score of Header and Heeler)
- $25 Open Jack Pot, ($50 per team)
Phase 4 (Pasture Doctoring)
- $25 Open Jack Pot ($50 per team)
Cow Horse Classes $50
Reining Classes $12
Rope Horse Classes (Out of the box) $25
- Team Roping (heading and heeling), Break Away, Calf Roping